here are some fantastic ideas and helpful hints to prep for the big feast...
Harold McGee's Top 10 Thanksgiving Tips
- Get a thermometer
- Check the temperature early and often.
- Separate the light from the dark.
- Brining is a trade-off.
- Briners: Brine for at least two days.
- Don't bother flavoring the brine.
- Important question: are you a turkey or a stuffing person?
- Use a scale!
- On pie crusts
- Use your apples wisely.
need a laugh to get through the holiday stress, check out Martha Stewart on the Stephen Colbert Report. get the turkey drunk!!!
i am a huge fan of Ina Garden and really enjoy her show on the Food Network: Barefoot Contessa. i got a kick out of her Thanksgiving Pot Luck episode that airs on November 15, so check it out.